Mutton, which we also called as red meat is the meat of goat or an adult sheep. As a dish, it is very popular and has a very unique taste. Mutton is consumed widely across the world.
From the time of the Mughal rule, mutton has been the favourite meat. It needs proper marination and should be cooked in right amount of temperature. You can enjoy mutton in parties and during weekends.
In this blog, I have written about a mutton recipe, which you will like if you are a non-vegetarian lover. It's a classic recipe of my mother, our family loves it and I am sure you will love it too.
- 1kg mutton
- 7-8 big tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 onion
- 3 potatoes
- Ginger (1 index finger)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- Coriander leaves
- Garam masala
Method to cook.
- Wash the mutton properly.
- If you want to add potatoes, take 3 potatoes cut them into two pieces each. Mix very little turmeric and fry it in a pot, then keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add the mutton. Add ginger, garlic, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and bay leaf. Also add salt as per your taste, mix it well.
- Heat a pot, add oil 7-8 big spoon, and add chopped onions. When onion is little brown, add 2 bay leaf, and also add the garam masala (4 cloves, 5 cardamom, 3 cinnamon ) and fry well. Make sure, it should be brown and not black.
- Stir the mutton well, add water and cover it. The gas should be low in flame. In between have a look and stir it. After 15 to 20 minutes bring it down.
- Put the half cooked mutton in a pressure cooker and pour some water and the fried potatoes.
- Wait for 6-7 whistle. Open the cooker and check if the mutton is boiled. Many times it depends on the mutton quality and it may also need 1 or 2 whistle more.
- Once done, add little garam masala, ghee and the mutton is finally ready to eat. You can also garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
You can serve the delicious mummy style mutton with
- Plain rice
- Jeera rice
I hope you all liked the recipe, it is time tested and delicious. I myself cooked it many times at home and loved it. So, try this “Mutton recipe mummy style” and develop your cooking skills. If you are already an experienced cook, you can still try this recipe out for some different flavour.
- Table Manners – A Guide to Proper Dining Etiquettes - December 27, 2020
- Motorala Razr 5G Reportedly Will Launch atCompany’s September 9 Event - August 24, 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note Ultra 5G – Expect The Launch Soon - August 13, 2020